- 2 tablespoons of nisiaste
- 2 glasses of water
- Rose cordial syrup
- Rose ice-cream
- Boil 1 ½ glasses of water
- Dissolve the 2 tablespoons of nisiaste in the rest ½ a glass of cold water
- Pour the cold dissolved mixture in the hot water and stir continuously over low fire
- The cooking should be done by stirring continuously, until the cream becomes white (machalebi)
- Divide the mixture into small shallow plates or small cups.
- After you have chilled the mixture detach it from the plates or the cups and put the little thin “pies” that are created in ice water where they are preserved.
- They are served traditionally with Rose cordial syrup, rosewater cold water and rose ice-cream.